As I told you in my other post, I’m dealing with a Sore Throat which is very annoying, I tried some simple stuff like gargle warm water and salt, drinking warm drinks, honey and lemon, lots of Vitamin C, Zinc and and and…. they did not work, my Sore Throat went one step ahead and reached a major infection level.
I went to meet my doctor, after a check-up he wrote a long prescription for me:
- Ciprofloxacin 500mg tablet: [sip-roe-FLOX-a-sin] A drug used to treat infections caused by bacteria. It is also being studied in the treatment of bladder cancer. Ciprofloxacin belongs to the family of drugs called fluoroquinolones. Also called Cipro.
- Acetylcysteine 600mg Effervescent Tablet: A drug usually used to reduce the thickness of mucus and ease its removal. It is also used to reverse the toxicity of high doses of acetaminophen. Also called N-acetyl-L-cysteine.
- Strepsils Honey and Lemon lozenges: Strepsils honey and lemon lozenges contain two active ingredients, amylmetacresol and dichlorobenzyl alcohol.
Both of these are mild antiseptics, that kill the bacteria associated with mouth and throat infections.
The action of sucking the lozenge allows the active ingredients to work in the area of the discomfort and also helps lubricate and soothe the painful area. This helps relieve the soreness and discomfort of mouth and throat infections.
- Vitamin C 500mg Effervescent Tablet: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a water-soluble vitamin, which is needed by the body to form collagen in bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels, and which aids in the absorption of iron. Dietary sources of vitamin C include fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruits such as oranges.
- Herbal Expectprant Antitussive Syrup Made from Thymus Vulgaris: In 1725, a German apothecary discovered that the plant’s essential oil contains a powerful disinfectant called thymol that is effective against bacteria and fungi. Thymol also acts as a expectorant, loosening phlegm in the respiratory tract so it can be coughed up. Later herbalists listed thyme for these uses and as remedy for numerous other complaints, including diarrhoea and fever. They prescribed the oil externally as an antiseptic for fungal infections such as athlete’s foot.
- Generic Cold Medicine: Each Tablet Contain
- Acetaminophen 325mg: A drug that reduces pain and fever (but not inflammation). It belongs to the family of drugs called analgesics.
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg: medication used to treat nasal congestion and maintain stable blood pressure
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg: Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy, hay fever, and the common cold. These symptoms include rash, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat/skin, cough, runny nose, and sneezing.